It was in 2012 that I set this website up-doesn’t four years seem a long time? There was the Olympics…anyway, here’s what I’ve learned.
- You should always take your own pictures. For legal reasons.
- Most Bloggers are open to collaboration. All you have to do is send a polite email.
- Repetition is dull.Don’t just have the same theme for all your posts in the space of six months. Trust me.
- You will be trolled at some point. Ignore, block, report, move on. It’s not worth being upset about.
- Twitter is great. Use it.
- Plan ahead with ideas, as well as scheduling. It can be addictive, at times painful, but worth the while.
- Numbers truely don’t matter. The fact that you have even dared to publicly write does.
- Check the facts. It’s embarrassing to be corrected by a fan of some band..
- Write honestly.
- Have clear photos. Otherwise it can be off putting. Nobody really wants just to read a lump of text.
- Comment! (This is one of my weaker points.)
- Collaborate. It’s fun.
- Taking part in a Twitter chat is a great thing to take part in.
- Keep trying.
- Always, always have fun with your blog.