We all have bad days, don’t we? So, taking insparation from Gala Darling, and Thrifty Vintage Fashion, I wanted to share a “Treat Me” list. Simply used, these are possibilities of which you could undertake when in a bad mood:
- Turn off the phone. No Wi-Fi, no messages. Spend the evening in, complete with a good book. Loose yourself in the plot, so that when you next look at a clock, time has flown past.
- If you like/can eat cheese, make a cheese toastie. Extra cheesie and ham optional 😃
- Dance to your latest playlist. I was thinking of such songs as Who’s gonna stop the rain, That’s the way I always heard it should be, Rolling in the deep, Black roses, We’re so close….
- Crochet. If you can. It sounds odd, but when I’m angry, I’ve found that this can be incredibly focusing, as well as calming. But then again, it’s a tedious skill to learn.
- Put on some old records. The more Vinyl the better.
- Take a lead out of Gala Darling’s book , (not literally), and write a grattitude list. Spend time reflecting on each one. And you can always do it on Instagram…
- Begin the project you’ve always wanted to.
- Create a time capsule. Because it’ll be so exciting to see when found.
- Do something for someone else; it can even be mundane as writing a letter.
- Invest in the new shoesyou’ve wanted for a while.
- Decorate your planner.
- Paint-whether on canvas, a wall, or even just a page.
- Write poetry. It can be just for yourself, kept privately, or for somebody else. You can be as silly, serious, as you like.
- Go for a walk.
- Kick up the Autumn leaves.
- Talk to a friend you haven’t seen in a while.
- Try yoga.
- Or even just walk the dog. (It could be the neighbours dog..)
- Start a box set.
- Finish a box set.
- Plan a cinema night in.
- Sulk. But not too much.
- Indulge in some comfort food. (Not enough to make yourself sick, obviously, because who would really want that?)
- Go out.
- Blog some more…
- Curl up in blankets. And refuse to move.
- Curate old family photos.
- Arrange your wardrobe. So pratical yet satisfying!
- Read some more…
Is that anything else you’d like to add to this list? If so, let me know in the comments.